Sunday, March 16, 2008

What is the problem with Michael Jackson?


Captain Said: What is the problem with Michael Jackson?
Sargeant Barlow: What do you mean?
Captain Said: What...Is...The...Problem...With Michael Jackson? You understand my question?
Sargeant Barlow: No, I'm not sure I do.
Captain Said: The king of pop, ooh-hoo, ee-hee.
Sargeant Barlow: Yeah, Michael Jackson.
Captain Said: He come to Egypt, I see picture in newspaper. "Hello" with the white glove. I'm Michael Jackson in my autoroom, with my chop up face. Your country make him chop up his face.
Sargeant Barlow: I don't think so.
Captain Said: Michael Jackson is pop king of sick fucking country.
Sargeant Barlow: That's bullshit, he did it to himself.
(Captain Said hits Sargeant Barlow on the head with a clipboard)
Captain Said: You are the blind bullshit my main man. It's obvious, a black man make the skin white and the hair straight, and you know why?
Sargeant Barlow: No.
Captain Said: Your sick fucking country make the black man hate hiself just like you hate the Arab and the children you bomb over here.

[Dialogue from the interrogation scene in David O. Russell's Three Kings (1999)]

4 comments:

Rivers said...

I always wondered where this came from. I only heard it sampled on one of the old Blue Scholars albums.

Anonymous said...

The ignorance and hatred that is trying to be protrayed in this piece is a direct reflection of the sorry soul who wrote it, and, unfortunately, probably lives by it.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwySzkpyMfI

Anonymous said...

I just heard this sample from Evening Chai by Blue Scholars and had to figure out where it was from.