Monday, February 13, 2006

Hope Springs Eternal

Here is a picture of my neph (whom you might remember from such posts as, "Fight the Power" and "Power to the (lil) Peeps") and my father, Wickaninnish. I have a tremendous amount of love and respect for both of them. My nephew is a beautiful combination of my sister, her sensitivity and love for life and my brother-in-law with his calm, caring nature and warrior spirit. My father is one of a few true believers of his generation. There are more and more of us of the younger generation who still work and fight for what it is to be truly Quu-as, but he is a rarity is seems. I thank Naas for everyday that I have my father who teaches me what he knows of the old ways so that we may breathe life into our Indigenous values, principles and ways of life again.

A bit of mushy entry I know but I have been very active and pensive lately and I am thinking a great deal of how and when and why we must continue to fight, to protect, to respect and hold up all that is sacred and right and true about our Indigenous ways. Our days are here and now. Act now brothers and sisters. I am with you till the end.

No comments: