Thursday, March 30, 2006

google chatting with the "old man"

Not my old man, but Old Man Rivers...

3:40pm

me: How does this one work?
OMR: Like magic
me: My first google chat
OMR: lol. I like it alot better then msn except not as many people are on here
me: Yeah...
OMR: One day though Google Talk will become the future
me: I like the fact that it is not as big and gaudy as MSN...like the e-mail
OMR: ...and full of ads
me: Not full of bright, pop-up ads
OMR: Gmail will be the future
me: No beautiful smiles for singles sites etc.
OMR: lol :)
me: Even the emoticons got out of hand on msn
OMR: haha. Custom emoticons
me: I hate those loud ones on hi5. I think I am becoming more of a minimalist.
OMR: Yeah, I had to disable the function to see custom emoticons. Minimalist...hmm.
me: Simplifying my life
OMR: I cant remember if thats what I want to be
me: Trying to...less clutter
OMR: Yes
me: More of what's important or maybe so much going on right now that it feels that way
OMR: lol. My dream house will be a minimalist house. Actually, there is no way I could do that
me: futons
OMR: lol. There was something I wanted to be that as an "ist" or "ism." I can't remember what though
me: Hmmm...Not tha shizzle?
OMR: Oh well...

3 comments:

Rivers said...

Gmail and good chat is a very usefull way. I completly endorse Gmail and Google Talk all the way. (Maybe I should start doing product placement within my own blogs...intresting.)

I suggest that everyone get a gmail and use it frequently. It's alot more versitile then Hotmail or Yahoo and will definilty become a major Instant Messaging and Free-Online e-mail.

Viva La Gmail Revolution!

Anonymous said...

wasn't able to get it to work on a mac, you?

Na'cha'uaht said...

Not yet...have only google-chatted on my PC at work...but apparently Old Man River's sister google chats on a mac...