Wednesday, September 06, 2006

higher colonial learning

Today was my first day back to school and I had trouble being cool (not remembering whether Shrubs said I should wear my backpack with one strap or two) and grinning like a fool...man it was a beautiful day. :D I had three classes today, all short on the first day: POLI 300B: Early Modern Political Thought, POLI 348: International Security and ENGL 395: Literature of the First Peoples of Canada and the United States. Tomorrow I have East Asian Politics (POLI 318). I'm almost done my first reading assignment (I bought most of my books last week) and am still adjusting to the fact that I am now a full time student. It's a little hard to describe, and I find it easy to take for granted the significant shift in gears and life that is going on - no job, full time school (20,000 new school mates), no car, new pad, no dogs (still looking for good homes for Pongo and Cheyenne by the way), new town, missing friends and family (especially lil Kashus)...sigh. I'm at the same time, excited and a little fearful. As usual dear readers, I will keep you in the loop.

p.s. I can see better without my pirate patch, and hear better without that squawking parrot on my shoulder.

1 comment:

Rivers said...

And the journey continues for W. Glad to see your accomplishing your goals and dreams. Hope for that to be an example for my determination to finish my goals and dreams. I know your as intellectual, theoretical, information-seeking, analytical, knowledgeable, misunderstood, thought provoked (and provoking), as myself that any kind of higher learning (colonial or otherwise) is a lifestyle and hobbie. So your probably floating in information, experence and adventure, so I'll let you be.

At the same time, I'll send you your present tomorrow. Have a fantastic week.