Wednesday, September 27, 2006

"my uncle needs a home" - Kashus, age 1

I certainly don't want to give you the impression that I am on the street. As I may have mentioned previously, I am staying with good friends. Roots and Boots and M have been gracious and warm and welcoming although another friend teased that I should have taken the hint when they got rid of the couch and replaced it with two chairs...haha...ah the floor is supposed to be good for my back anyway.

In old fishing terms, I've been skunked thus far in my search for an appropriate apartment to call my own, at least for this school year. The last place I looked at was $700/month for a bachelor suite with a fairly large storage room. I say storage room because it might be a decent bedroom for a hobbit, with the ceiling being about 5'10" and all (I'm 6'1"). The place before that was a rather large (genuine) one bedroom suite for only $600/month but the 'interview' questions I was asked got progressively weirder and weirder. Here's a sample:

What kind of routine do you keep? What time do you get up? What kind of hobbies do you have? What time do you go to bed? Do you smoke? Do you drink? Do you smoke marijuana? How often do you go to the bar? How often is not often? Do your friends smoke? Do you burn incense? Scented candles? What kind of soap do you use? How about dryer sheets?

To be fair, she who would be living upstairs did have some sort of medical condition that made her ultrasensitive to odors. Additionally, she said she sleepwalks every night and sometimes she falls down. Yeah...that and my snoring routine told me that we were not a good neighbourly match.

The search continues...

No comments: