Thursday, October 27, 2005

Feelin' Five Again


I rode my motorcycle to work the past two days (from Port Alberni to Chemainus - about 120km). Wouldn't you know the temperature would begin to drop. Even though I wore my winter riding gear yesterday, I did not really warm up till about noon. I checked an online wind-chill calculator for motorcyclists and according to my speed (about 100km) and the air temperature (about 3 degrees celsius) my wind-chilled temperature was about -13!

So today I wore jeans, waterproof heavy-duty riding boots, my Ballistic pants, long-sleeved shirt, fleece hoodie, Ballistic jacket, my winter riding gloves and nomex balaclava. My arms stuck out a bit and people could hear me coming down the hallway at the office - zip, zip, zip.

Even though I only worked two days this week, thank god today is my Friday! The office I work at is normally open Monday - Thursday. It's been a long couple of weeks, travelling and working lots of overtime (which is why I took Monday and Tuesday off). Most of the time I really like my job, but some parts are downright mind-numbing and spirit-sucking - ah the life of a brown bureaucrat. (P.S. I feel for ya sista!)

So if you are huddled away in some cubicle and could use a laugh or two click here. Just replace my nickname with yours and keep clicking the Sloganize button and let the giggling begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2 things:

1 - Sloganize! is still providing me with amples of giggles, so thanks for the link!

2 - Brown Bureaucracy is still spirit-sucking and mind-numbing, but rather be in the game than out of it. Sweet irony...hehe.

X.