Thursday, November 10, 2005

iih'mis tiich'mis

Life is Precious. It was raining cats and dogs as I drove into work this morning. There were a lot of puddles on the highway and I was hydro-planing* here and there. I was cruising along at about 110km down the Island Highway when a muu'ich (deer) walks out in front of my car. I had just enough time to recollect that there was no one coming up behind me in the left lane and steer to the left, just enough to miss the muu'ich but not enough to lose control. We (I had a passenger) missed him by inches. Whew. Just thinking about it again squirts a little adrenaline back into my system.

Today is my Friday :D I get a four day weekend which I am looking forward to, not for anything in particular, just the rest. I'll do some reading, writing, hiking, singing, drumming and maybe even a lil booty shaking.

I'll let you know if I think of anything profound or mundane. W.

*P.S. I do not recommend Falken tires. About 30,000km ago I went into the tire store and asked for 4 comparable (they did not have the same brand) tires to the 2 I had on. Believe me they were not the same. Even though I only had two Hankook Radial H714's before, they did not slip or hydroplane. My Falken's do plenty of both in this west coast weather.

No comments: