Wednesday, November 02, 2005

'morning coffee...the day after the revolution


Mmm...coffee. I did not always drink coffee but now that I wake up at 5:45am to drive an hour and a half to work I seem to be drinking more. In the past I have made negative references to large multi-national coffee chains. For the record, I do my best to support local coffee shops who use organic/fair trade/ethical coffee. I am not always successful, but I have managed to avoid Starbucks for over 2 years - ever since the Haidabucks affair.

Last night on the radio show was kinda weird. As Fish said, "morale was low." I think I bummed some people out in the beginning as we talked about fish farms. Later on I started to get more energized talking about the "gathering of young Indigenous minds" movement, then Fish started looking sluggish...lol. DJ SuperChow was in good spirits as always.

Some nights, no one calls in and we tend to forget that people are actually out there listening to our radical pontificating, and we get silly. I have been informed however, that silly makes for good radio. Last night we had quite a few callers, "Harpo the pink Indian" from Salt Spring, the sisters from Cihuatl Tonali from L.A., Jimmy Nations from the Big Smoke (and soon to be, DaVinci's Inquest fame), the American-accented fish farm proponent, the guy who called after the fish farm guy, and a couple others.

Well, I'm feeling relatively alert now and a little hungry. My mom always leaves granola bars and other assorted healthy snacks in my glove box and I still have the pear that Chips donated. Time to gather.

Hasta la victoria siempre

W

No comments: