Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Bat W

I love this picture. Old Man Rivers drew it for me on a bebo whiteboard, or in this case, blackboard. I have to admit that in my dreams (both night and day) I shed inhibition and all seriousness and assume the role of Bat W, an Indigenous, monastic colonial-crime-fighter. C.dot says I like women too much though, to assume such a solitary and lonely, albeit noble existence. When Dubya's heart heals, I will no doubt have a different perspective but the potential effect of myth and symbolism are darn appealing. And this is not to suggest that we still do not aspire to the discipline, integrity, honour and understated power of such archetypes.

In seriousness worthy of Kumtux I do believe that those who would be protectors of their Indigenous communities must strive for a more noble, honourable and respectful existence. We must be strikingly upright (can anyone guess where that quote is from?), shed the colonial-paternal conventions that have long plagued our families and be men. I know there is lots to say about this, but I will save that for later. Initially, I just wanted to share the cool pic. Bat W

2 comments:

Rivers said...

Dun un unna dun un unna dun un unna dun un unna BAT-W! BAT-W! BAT-DUBYA!!!!!

Rivers said...

Those who like this awesome drawing, should check out the latest photo-shot of Bat-W.

http://myactionsandsecrets.blogspot.com/