Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I shall continue to walk the earth...

haha, sometimes it's just fun to be dramatic. Well, a prospective employer in Mituunii, that shall remain nameless has decided to pass on yours truly and hire someone else. After taking more than a month, calling two of my references and ultimately me calling them back this morning, I was told that while they appreciated my application and efforts, they gave the job to another candidate.

In some ways I don't feel as bad as I normally might. I mean after waiting a "couple days", then being told to wait "another 3 weeks", then "over the weekend", then "tomorrow" it was almost a final act of mercy to hear a "no." And if I had in fact been told no back in December, a day after receiving my "dear Dubya" e-mail, it could have been more than I could handle.

"aa-nii-kwa" (It is that way/so it is/c'est la vie in Nuu-chah-nulth).

I am grateful for all the people who were pulling for me on this one - a record level of support I think. I am truly a fortunate man and I shall continue to walk the earth and read and write and think and do.

W

4 comments:

Rivers said...

well I'll hire you when I'm a big bussiness man. You can be my body guard, or head of the legal department, your choice.

Yay Nepostism, but then again, you are a deserving relative, not a UNdeserving relative.

(Does "Mentor) count as relative?...lol)

Na'cha'uaht said...

I think if we keep referring to each other as "brother" it starts to count.

Stacy said...

Viva la revolucion, indeed.

I own the Seven Samurai DVD, but I've never been able to sit down and watch the whole thing.

I'm sorry about that job not working out for you. Perhaps better things are to come soon :)

Na'cha'uaht said...

Stacy,

I don't know what the price is in Oregon (one of my favourite states btw), but here in Vancouver, I paid $60 for it! I don't know what possessed me. The second most expensive dvd I own is Mr. Smith Goes To Washington (about $40 and required viewing for all Poli.Sci. types I might add).

So, I guess I just had to watch it...and I did enjoy it, but one tip perhaps: next time watch it with the commentary on. They pointed out all kinds of cool stuff, background information and subtleties and since the movie is in subtitles anyway...it's not like it interferes with the Japanese audio!

Thanks and keep up the thought-provoking writing and living.

W