Monday, January 09, 2006

tick, tock, tick, tock...

It's lunch time in the boardroom. All I can hear is the ticking of the two clocks, slightly out of sync. I sit here and wait. I have been waiting since December. I may fool you with my calm, icy-cool exterior but inside I'm going crazy. I am not a patient man. I want change now. I want good to start, bad to end, today, now. In some ways it is comforting to know I have always possessed some revolutionary capacity or mind-set or maybe it's just mild ADHD.

Still, I wait. I hear some positive signs, but not definitive. I look at my phone. I keep peeking at it, just in case the air waves shift or I walk through some sort of communicative void and I miss a call. I can hear someone stirring in the kitchen now. It sounds like they are getting some coffee. I would get some too, but I don't think my knee needs any more encouragement to keep bouncing.

Time is a funny thing. When I applied for this job I was kinda single, but not really. Since then I have become definitely single. When I applied for this job it was another year, another season. I was a slightly different W. Observe limbo-W, stuck between the past and the future, not fully embracing the present, although I know better.

Dozens of friends and family members are cheering in silent chorus, sending vibes and prayers and everything else down to Mituunii. They would be crazy not to hire you! You are obviously the most qualified! ...and smartest! Sigh. It's nice to have friends and family so supportive.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

When I know you will know.

No comments: