Saturday, September 17, 2005

Radical Naivety and the Red Pill


I had a good conversation with my friend, Lahalawutsa'at the other day. As a fellow "red pill" her and I took the time to talk about the experiences of disillusionment and the idea of knowing and subsequently the impossibility of "unknowing." It's like once you get unplugged from the Matrix, you can't get plugged back in, no matter how superficially attractive it seems.

I'm going to be careful here because of course by the very nature of the gap of "understanding" and difference in world view between red pills and blue pills there can be the awful tendancy to seem arrogant or holy-er than thou, and believe me, I detest that sanctimonius attitude more than anyone. All possibility for misunderstanding aside, one cannot deny the difference in consciousness and the very lonely feeling that comes with that.

Anyway, back to the conversation. We wondered aloud, as I ate some Japanese stir-fry at the Park Royal mall in North Vancouver, the actual phenomenon of awakening - does something just "click" and if so what is it? Is it depth of understanding - like if people just hear enough, or know enough, or listen to the right teachings will they then be transformed into revolutionarios? And once transformed, unless they are socio or psychopathic, are they then incapable of going back to a regular life? We both supposed that they could fake it, but would ultimately be mentally and emotionally tortured and depressed. At least that is how we think we would feel...cause there seems to be a lot of money in selling out but damn, we wouldn't be able to look in the mirror.

If the red pill, blue pill references are not making any sense, I recommend you go rent The Matrix (the first one). No one is perfect and I will be the first to admit humanity, but I believe we should strive to be better human beings (and some of us, better Indigenous men and women). The exact nature of "better" is always open for discussion and that is the way it should be - till next time my friends and adversaries...

W

No comments: