Sunday, December 11, 2005

Another one bites the dust

Ha ha, that title sounds worse than it is. I mean I have crossed another item, specifically, #98 (Mentor a bona fide protégé) off my list. Old Man Rivers (Dustin) and I talked about it and not one for formalities but basically we agreed to maintain the relationship we have now - plotting the revolution, and me providing sage, timely advice from time to time. I have to say it is an honour to know Dustin as a friend and companero. He is wise beyond his years and I know that I will learn much from him as well.

I have assured Dustin that I take the role of mentor seriously and intend to continue our friendship with trust and respect. Next, I will try and secure an arrangement with Risky Business before Shrubbery woos him to the dark side...haha. I've already started with some recommended readings: Peace, Power and Righteousness, The Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley, The Wretched of the Earth and Wasase: Indigenous Pathways of Action and Freedom.

Six down, ninety-five to go, and 969 days to do it all. :D As I mentioned previously, I have made an appointment to get some ink on the 20th of December and I also bought some tickets for the Bedouin Soundclash concert on the 28th of December in Vancouver.

And now, work beckons.

No comments: