Friday, December 23, 2005

while I was gone...

As I mentioned in a previous e-mail I abstained from internet access for a whole week! Some of you know of my slightly obsessive nature about certain things some of the time (haha) and well I needed a break. If any of you are contemplating unplugging from the Matrix, I highly recommend it. I spent most of the time in Vancouver and a couple days in Victoria. I did not have my wheels either so I walked and rode public transit. When combined with my iPod and some thoughtful and uplifting tunes I was doing alright :D

wednesday
I travelled with my sister and Kashus over to Vancouver in the morning. We dropped my sister off at Park Royal and lil man and I cruised around the north shore. While I drove and listened to Kanye tunes, he napped. When he woke up we headed to the mall and Kashus and I did our best to beat the adoring women off with a rattle. Man, is he a babe-magnet or what? People just seem to like the look of a man holding a baby.

thursday
This morning the 3 of us went to visit Glenys, a homeopathic healer of sorts. I'm not sure exactly but she is incredibly nice and one of those people that automatically puts you at ease. My sister sees her regularly and my mom and sis convince me to see her once or twice a year. It turns out I have been eating too much artificial sweetners - from chewing gum and diet yogurt evidently. My mom, sis and lil K head back to the island and I am left to walk the earth. Did I mention the weather was gorgeous?

Thursday night I hang out with Lyana. She's a smart, beautiful Carrier woman who I was honoured to have my first Guinness with. She's in between exams and papers and I am well, off work for a couple weeks and in desperate need of some good company and intelligent conversation. Lyana is truly a revolutionary woman with a great heart and inspirational passion. Watch out world! (Oh, and we got our very own www.fuh2.com picture too!)


friday
I dare to venture into the mall to do some holiday shopping. I don't even think I'm going to comment on the insanity. As far as I know everyone except my padawan is celebrating in some form this year and can relate. I meet Leela Gilday for some sushi and sake at Kishu on Main and Broadway. I met her for the first time earlier in the year at a concert she was a part of that Aztlan Underground was headlining. The Goin' Coastal crew also interviewed her last month. She does the Dene nation proud with with her soulful and angelic voice.

I managed to catch Leela during the brief calm before the storm it seems. She's in Alberta now and on her way to T.dot to record her latest album. She gave me some insight as to the content of the new cd but I will not spill the beans. Her current album is one of my favourites - especially during my lonely times. Leela's a beautiful person with a depth of experience and I look forward to our friendship and comraderie.

saturday
Today I vegetated and then hung out with the fancy Indians...haha, just kidding but we did hang out at a fancy place. My friend, Patricia and her friends, Glenda and Shirlana organized a lil x-mas soiree at Section (3) in Yaletown. I won't even tell you what my portion of the bill was. It would make you ill, but I had fun. Patricia is a good friend of the family and like sister to me. Here are some pictures:

...and on sunday I rested...sorta.

No comments: