Tuesday, December 20, 2005

my first tattoo

Pictures do not lie. For some reason I look younger in this picture; maybe cause I've been dropping pounds, or maybe it's because that guy is stabbing me with a needle...haha. Yes, friends and foes: Dubya got ink today. I've always thought about it and like a lot of other things I have thought about in the last couple years (go back to school, leave my old job, learn to ride a motorcycle) I am getting better at just doing it.

I walked in to Primal Urge Tattoos (250-720-3883) in Port Alberni today, warmly greeted by Kim (the assistant who makes good cookies) and later Richard (the tattoo artist). I had my gisbutwada/kaa'kaa'win (killer whale/orca) design done by my sister's husband, Gordon Dick and a couple hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket. It was my first tattoo and yes it does hurt, but I kept a brave face, only wincing a couple of times. I say my first because I am strongly thinking about getting a Ganhada (raven) design as well. I decided to go with the gisbutwada first because that is my mom's clan and therefore my clan from the Tsimshian people. I will always be gisbutwada.

I can now scratch another item (# 19) off my list. Voila:

No comments: