Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Force Was Not With Me

Not last night. The force guffawed at my cool shades. My fortunes ebbed and flowed till about 2:30am but alas, another padwan learner was victorious. Lil Moy took me for $30. Nope, no W-mojo last night. These truly are mundane days. I promise to be get political again soon though.

Actually, I do have a bit of a funny story to tell. I'm not gonna name names, but lets just say I work for this community that happens to be negotiating with the governments. I am not a negotiator, but I observe these negotiations and offer advice from time to time in the background. I guess I have developed a bit of a reputation as a radical or even dare I say it, a militant. Funny eh? CSIS calls me one of the more "level-headed ones" and my own people think I'm nuts.

So all seriousness aside, one of the other observers comes in a couple of days ago and asks me, not too discreetly, "Did you get the grenade launchers?" I'm assuming he means in negotiations, as I have been known to joke about negotiating a Defence chapter that includes a couple of those trusty Sea Kings or maybe even an ex-British submarine. I laugh and reply with a straight-face, "Actually, you really only need a .50 calibre rifle..." and I'm thinking: a. I know way too much about ordnance (even using such a word, geez) and; b. Some people, especially spooky types, really don't get this kind of humour.

Let's just hope they remember that; a. I AM one of the level-headed ones; b. Contrary to popular opinion, I DO appreciate sarcastic humour from time to time and c. We're all peaceniks now.

It's getting late...off I go for my sunday morning hike. I'm not scared of Sasquatches anymore. w

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny with an interesting and engaging voice. I remain especially watchful of the actions of the 'quiet' ones since they usually do and not just say. How to find out about CSIS comments? Jealous about the Bedouin Soundclash at the commodore. The ink is addictive. Keep on writing- good reading.

Nikki