Saturday, December 31, 2005

Bedouin Soundclash Concert

#26 on my list was to go to a concert at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver. Some of the gang and I (is that grammatically correct?) went to see Bedouin Soundclash on the 28th of December. It was the final show of the their most recent tour.

The last time I was at the Commodore was when I was 16 for an Ice-T concert. DJ Evil E let me, a buddy and a few other kids who were hanging around back, in through the backdoor for $20 each. It was pretty damn cool and I remember talking about it for weeks, especially catching a peek of Darlene as she stepped out of the limo. Some of you might remember her from the covers of the Rhyme Pays or Power albums.

Anyway, the concert was a blast even though I pulled my (as José likes to call it) Ninja routine at the end of the night, because that is just the way I am. The Commodore is a great venue for musical acts. I would much prefer to go there over any other acoustically challenged sports arena anyday, not to mention the cool bouncy floor.


Even though this date is some what historically arbitrary, Happy New Year and all that jazz...see you in 2006. Hasta la victoria siempré!

No comments: