Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Spiffy W

No, I haven't made it on the infamous "spiffy ndn" list yet, but I still have a couple of years to prove my worthiness. This picture was taken earlier today just after I returned from a job interview. I clean up pretty good eh? I think I did well in the interview but as the day progressed, I thought more and more about the brilliant and witty things I could have said. Not a good habit I know, but alas I was pensive this afternoon. I'm pretty cool with it now. I did the best I could at the time. I'll let you know if I was victorious.

Speaking of spiffy ndns, check this out (3rd down from the top). It is none other than the Big T himself, recipient of the 2006 National Aboriginal Achievement Award for education. If you've heard the interview I did with him for Goin' Coastal you'll also know that he has referred to these love-ins as the National (or Natural) Aboriginal Assimilation Awards.

I can only think the selection panel is giggling about this one. I have not heard from T what he will do. Some of you also know that one of my 101 goals in 1001 days is to be nominated and turn one down...I'm not sure if I will have impressed the Aboriginals enough by then, certainly not in education yet (that'll take another 15 years or so), and I don't think I qualify as a youth anymore. I think they need a "Warrior of the Year Award" (not that I am implying that I would win, I just think it would be cool).

Well my fine feathered friends...until next time. W

No comments: